* You may need to authenticate to OneDrive w/ your GGC creds
Other Details and Resources
- Meeting Times / Locations:
- 6:00pm-9:30pm MW C-1135
- Instructor: Dr. Bob Lutz
- D2L Homepage: Section 02
- Coding Standards (in OneDrive Folder)
- List of chapters covered, by textbook version
- Tutoring Info
- Project Pages: Section02
|Introduction to Java Programming 10/e||Y. Daniel Liang||Yes||http://wps.pearsoned.com/ecs_liang_ijp_10|
|Learning Processing||Daniel Shiffman||No, but strongly recommended||http://learningprocessing.com|
Here’s a list of extra resources that may help:
- MyProgrammingLab is an online coding environment that provides lots of feedback. The MPL problems for Chapters 1-9 are posted and you can approach in a self study fashion.
- There’s also codingbat and another site called practiceit
- There’s an excellent text titled “Thinking in Java” by Bruce Eckel. Eckel offers the 3rd edition for free (electronic download). I’m not sure another text is really the best solution — but it’s an option.
- Coupled with any of the above, situate yourself for a work session in the AEC. That way, as you work through problems, experts will be nearby to get you unstuck quickly. I’ve seen students use this strategy very effectively.
- Also, remember to post questions on the course’s Help! – I have a question discussion forum, especially if you can’t get to the AEC. Programming is a team sport and together we are stronger!
- Textbook Student Resource Website -Contains source code for examples in the book
- Textbook Companion Website -register with book’s scratch-off code. Contains even-numbered solutions, source code for examples in the book, interactive self-testing, animations, errata, bonus chapters and VideoNotes.