Other Details and Resources
- Meeting Times / Locations:
- 2:00pm-5:30pm TR C-1125
- Instructor: Dr. Bob Lutz
- D2L Homepage: Section 02
- Coding Standards (in OneDrive Folder)
- List of chapters covered, by textbook version
- Tutoring Info
- Programming Study Groups
- Project Pages: Section02
- Textbook / Text Resources
Reviewing ITEC 2140 Skills
Many students have a slow start with this course as they try to recall the topics covered in ITEC 2140 — Intro to Programming
Here’s a list of resources that may help you review and ease the transition:
- Chapters 1-9 in Liang’s text (obviously)
- There’s always codingbat and another site called practiceit — if you’re familiar with those. Similar to MPL with other strengths, in my opinion.
- For the Liang textbook, you can go to the Companion Site and retrieve the solutions for all even-numbered, end of chapter problems. You might want to work some of those.
- There’s an excellent open source text titled “Think Java” I’m not sure another text is really the best solution — but it’s an alternate and an option.
- Coupled with any of the above, situate yourself for a work session in the AEC or programming group lab (W first floor or as specified on the ITEC Tutoring page, depending on the time). That way, as you work through problems, experts will be nearby to get you unstuck quickly. I’ve seen students use this strategy very effectively.
- The powerpoints for Chapters 1-9 have been posted in the course’s OneDrive location under Week 1
- Also, remember to post questions on the course’s Help! discussion forum, especially if you can’t get to the AEC or Programming Study Groups. Programming is a team sport and together we are stronger!